Sunday, May 6, 2012

Maybe Baby?

"That girl in 1...I hope she's not pregnant."  My coworker was talking to the nurse beside her, a doctor's wife who prides herself on what she perceives to be her superiority over the other nurses.

I'd put a 19-year-old, female accompanied by her "fiance" in room 1.  She weighed 300lbs and wore a huge, dirty t-shirt, flannel pajama pants and a pair of work boots.  Her medications included a statin drug, an antidepressant and a blood pressure medication, all of which she receives once a month at the free clinic.  She was here today for a large, painful, draining abscess, probably MRSA, on her, uh, right love handle.  Her last menstrual period?  Six weeks ago. I figured it was she they were referring to.

"I know," this from the doctor's wife,  "some people just shouldn't be allowed to procrastinate."

No comments:

Post a Comment