Monday, May 14, 2012

Cancer Awareness

Transcript from a texting session with my community-minded neighbor/friend from two weeks ago:

Her:  You know what's weird?  Me and Dee (her daughter, Delynn) are both on the hospital relay team and you're not.

Me:  Relay?

Friend:  Relay for life.  Me and Dee are on the hospital Relay for Life team and you're not and you work at the hospital and we don't.

Me:  Well, it's not really that weird considering I'm not a team player.  And I abhor the hospital.  And I don't really want to be aware of cancer nor do I see how doing so would prevent anyone from getting it.

Her:  Having a bad day?  Too many doughnuts, maybe?  (We'd gone to the store together the night before and I bought doughnuts.  They were cherry and I'd been trying to quit eating sugar until then.)


Me:   No, this is me in a good mood on a good day.  And I only ate two doughnuts, one with each bowl of ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment