Monday, March 12, 2012

Ready or Not, Here I Come

Last week, it was Friday the 9th, I had a gal in the ER who cut off her finger using a table saw.  She was a country girl but intelligent, very capable and with good, common sense.  I've had her there before with other family members.  She told me that about 2 weeks before, she had a dream and when she woke up, just before she opened her eyes, she heard God's voice.  It was like she and I were talking, she said. 

"You'll be okay, " God said to my patient.  "But be ready for Friday, March 9th."

Like Tommy Lee Jones in No Country For Old Men, I don't know what to make of that.

2 comments:

  1. I.M.O. The trauma of the event made her misremember the past/invent a story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unless she kept a Diary with the note "God talked to me this morning" in it before the accident. And if he did talk to her, maybe his talking influenced her to cut off her finger in anticipation of something happening, so then its the Devil she heard. The gullible.

      Delete